The Braddock DNA Project
Goals, Questions, and Mysteries to Solve
Contact the project administrator for more information
||We all have our questions and mysteries about our Braddocks. Please contribute yours by sending them here for inclusion on this page. They will help others see the possibility of getting answers by joining the project.
If you are from the US northern and midwestern lines, UK lines, etc. I would especially appreciate help in expanding this section! Australia has recently weighed in!
- Is there any relationship between General Edward Braddock (of "Ill Starred General of the Coldstream Guards" fame) and the Australian lines of Braddocks?
- Is the Australian line of Braddocks (originating with Dr John Braddock who migrated to South Australia in 1852) connected to the family originating in, Derbyshire, UK in the 1600's?
- If so - Is Dr John Braddock (1808-1891) a descendant of the line of the Derbyshire, United Kingdom, John Braddock (1722-1788) married to Mary Beard or his second wife, Elizabeth Collier?
- Are any of the various early US immigrants related or are they separate lines?
- Which early ancestors do the various mid-1800 Braddocks in the "middle" states of the US belong to?
- Is there a relation between:
- the Francis Braddock who arrived in Laurens Co SC about 1790 and the Braddock family of Greene/Washington Cos PA?
- the Laurens Co and Chesterfield Co Braddock lines?
- New - Several Braddock descendants have written about their family lore of Native American heritage. Native American descent via a paternal line will show up or be suggested by yDNA testing. Descent via male Braddocks and Native American wives is a different goal that will be reached by mtDNA testing (both men and women can test mtDNA). I would be happy to include that project here as well if people test.
- We can also build a good picture of the migration of various early lines.