The Flat River Primitive Baptist Church was founded about 1750. It is about 4 miles south of Roxboro at the crossing of Flat River Church Road and Bessie Daniel Road (which becomes Paynes Tavern Road a ways to the west). The earliest records were destroyed by fire, but a new minutes book was begun in 1786. There is a picture of the earlier church building where the Daniels and Womacks actually attended in the Person County Heritage.
James and Sally Daniel and John and Lucy Womack are listed as members of Flat River Primitive Baptist Church in 1786. Also listed is Lewe, a slave of James Daniel who joined in September 1789. The Womacks joined by baptism in August of 1789 and Lewis Daniel (son of James and Sally) joined by baptism in September 1822. Lewis was appointed clerk of the church in May 1836.
"James Daniel and wife" were dismissed by letter in November of 1812. This signaled their pending move to Trigg county KY with some of their family.
Go to James Daniel and Sally Cocke's family group sheet.
Go to John Womack and Lucy Pryor in the Ahnentafel.
Go to John Womack and Lucy Pryor's family group sheet.
Go to the Picture Index.
Go to the Table of Contents.